Zero 8 Teen is a charitable organisation formed in 1996 dedicated to providing high quality services addressing the needs of children and young people at all levels and to support parents and the broader community in the Brownlow and Craigavon areas. Central to the organisation's ethos then and now are its founding core values of community development, self help and empowerment.
Our aim is to achieve this through:
- Engaging the whole family/community, inclusive of ethnic and minority groups.
- Promoting health and well being through encouraging positive parenting.
- Valuing young people through inclusion and pathways of opportunities.
- Promoting tolerance through education.
- Addressing the inequality in play provision by influencing play policies through networks/partnerships.
- Promoting best practice.
- Supporting other local community groups with such tasks as administration, funding applications, recruitment & selection and training.